Crock Pot Lasagna Surprise
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Medium-ish Onion
A bit of Garlic
Some sort of tomato concoction
A couple lasagna noodles
Lots of Mozzarella Cheese
Ricotta Cheese (If you actually are- or wish you were- Italian) or Cottage Cheese ( If you are cheap.)
Knife of your choice
Old Gas stove ( so old that you have to light the pilot lights everytime you turn on the gas because you are too afraid to leave the gas on all the time.)
Spatula (from Spatula City... spatula city, Remember, they make great Christmas presents!)
Crock Pot (Circa 1985 A.D. or earlier)
Freshly reupholstered dining chair
1. Chop the onion up a bit using the knife and cutting board.
2. Be brave, turn on the gas and light the pilot lights. Then of course, turn on the stove.
3. Brake up and brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic in the frying pan using the spatula (Spatula City... spatula city, What better way to say "I love you" than with the gift of a spatula?).
4. When the beef is brown you can add the tomato sauce of your choice (cudos if you can make your own). Stir it all up real nice, and wait until it smells real nice, gets good and bubbly.
5. Turn off the stove and especially the gas to avoid a painful death.
6. Ladle a third of the deliciousness into the Crock Pot and cover with two layers of noodles, ricotta cheese (or if you must, cottage cheese), and mozzarella cheese. Rinse and Repeat. Just kidding. Just repeat, you idiot, don't rinse it. ... Silly goose...
7. When you've put everything in there, look around your small kitchen and realize you have nowhere to let the crock pot do it's thang. In desperation because you don't want to be late for rehearsal, set it on a dining chair next to an available outlet in the living room.
8. Smile at your ingenuity as you run out door.
9. Come home with your roommate 5 hours later and if you don't smell burning plastic, well.... I guess you'll just have to try again.